The Maxims of the Little Institute

February 23, 2009 by

The Maxims, written by our founder, Father Jean-Pierre Medaille, in the late 1600s, are the essence of the spirituality of the Sisters of St. Joseph.

Love’s Design by Marcia Allen, CSJ, includes reflections on all 100 Maxims. To order a copy, contact Manna House of Prayer at retreatcenter@mannahouse.org or 785-243-44.28.

Comments

9 Responses to “The Maxims of the Little Institute”

1. Veronica Jones on February 5th, 2020 10:30 am

I am an Associate of the Sisters of St. Joseph in the Diocese of London, Ontario. a friend has the maxims on a type of daily flip cards which she finds very handy and inspiring. she doesn’t know where she got it but i was hoping to find out if you have access to them or know where i could purchase them. Your assistance would be deeply appreciated.

2. Claudette McFarling on July 9th, 2016 7:33 am

Do you still have books of the Maxims?

3. Claudette McFarling on July 9th, 2016 7:32 am

Do you still have books of the Maxims? I am a CSJ Associate in Canada. I am always looking for in sites into the Maxims.

4. Sister Sophie Yondura, ssj., D. Min. on February 27th, 2015 1:54 pm

Can I get a copy of Love’s Design by Marcia Allen, CSJ.

5. Martha on March 15th, 2010 1:00 pm

This is the Maxim that I kept before me last week during our spring break alternative! There is much to continue to contemplate about the experience…blessings in disguise.

6. jane on March 14th, 2010 8:02 pm

Just got my copy of the MAXIMS book in yesterday’s mail!
    It is very thought provoking and I am looking forward to taking meditation
    time with it. Your response was LIGHTENING FAST and the book
    looks terrific!

7. Anna Marie Broxterman, CSJ on March 10th, 2010 8:24 am

To the inquirers about obtaining the Maxims of the Little Institute, please contact: cthrash@mannahouse.org

8. jane on March 9th, 2010 12:21 pm

I have the same question: Are copies of the book available?

9. jeanne Watts on February 13th, 2010 1:07 pm

Is it possible to obtain a copy of the Maxims of the Little Institute?

Feel free to leave a comment...