Sister Celestine Ruder — on her 80th Jubilee

Sister Celestine Ruder

Sister Celestine Ruder

PARENTS: Henry and Mary Boose Ruder
HOMETOWN: Antonino, Kan.
RECEIVED INTO CONGREGATION: Aug. 15, 1935
MISSIONS:
1935-1975 Housekeeper in hospitals and schools in Concordia, Tipton, Sabetha, Salina, Damar, Abilene, Junction City, New Almelo and Pfeifer, Kan., and Silver City, N.M., and Grand Island, Neb.
1976-1978 Caring for parents in Hays, Kan.
1979-2005 Pastoral ministry to the elderly in WaKeeny and Hays, Kan.
2005-today Prayer ministry at the Nazareth Motherhouse, Concordia

Eighty years ago our Lord came and told me to follow him. So I came to the Motherhouse in Concordia and became a Sister of St. Joseph.

I entered in the days of the Dust Bowl, and it was often dark with red dust blowing in from Oklahoma.

My early ministries were in the kitchen, cooking first at our hospital in Sabetha, Kan., and then at Marymount College. I served in many, many school missions, including four years at the academy in Silver City, N.M., and a total of nine years in Junction City, Kan. If I named all the schools where I served, this would be much too long!

I got to spend three years caring for my elderly parents, and I am very grateful for that. I sent both of them to heaven.

After that, I changed ministries and served at the Immaculate Heart of Mary Church and with the elderly at Good Samaritan Center, both in Hays.

In August 2005, I returned to the Motherhouse in Concordia. I thank the Lord for all these years; our Blessed Mother and St. Joseph continue to take care of me.

Comments

9 Responses to “Sister Celestine Ruder — on her 80th Jubilee”

1. Ivey Elwell on May 11th, 2020 7:57 pm

Good evening, I was just on your website and submitted this message via your contact form. The feedback page on your site sends you these messages to your email account which is why you’re reading my message at this moment correct? This is the holy grail with any kind of advertising, making people actually READ your message and I did that just now with you! If you have something you would like to blast out to millions of websites via their contact forms in the US or to any country worldwide send me a quick note now, I can even focus on particular niches and my charges are very affordable. Write a reply here: Phungcorsi@gmail.com

2. Kenneth Ruder on June 6th, 2015 4:12 pm

Congratulations on your 80 jubilee. Hope to be there in person in August to help you celebrate

3. YLonne Swails on June 4th, 2015 8:19 am

Hello Sister Celestine,

Greetings from Atlanta. Congratulations on your upcoming 80th Jubilee. Please know we are praying for you in Atlanta. Thank you for modeling for others, how to be a true servant of God. May He forever bless you.

Larry and Cid’s friend, YLonne

4. Audree Vaughn on June 3rd, 2015 8:17 am

Dear Sister Celestine,

I am friends with Larry and Cid at St. Paul of the Cross in Atlanta. Congratulations on celebrating your Jubilee! I ask that God bless and keep you as He restores you back to total health so that you may continue to shine your light on others. All the best, with prayers, Audree Vaughn

5. Cid Chavez on June 2nd, 2015 10:42 am

Sister Celestine,
    Today more than ever you are in our prayers and thoughts after receiving Marge’s call last night about your broken hip. May God bless those caregivers who will take care of you in your time of need. May God give you strength, peace and tranquility as you go through the healing process, knowing that he is with you at all times. May all those who love you have faith in God’s plan.

God Bless,
    Cid

6. Fr. Jerome McKenna, C.P. on May 19th, 2015 9:51 am

Dear Sister Celestine,
    Congratulations and blessings as you celebrate your 80th Jubilee in Religious. Life – in this year dedicated to Religious Life. As a brother religious, I celebrate you and the inspiring witness you have given to numerous people. May the Good Lord fill you with joy and peace today and always! Pray for us and our ministries. I am Larry’s and Cid’s pastor and a member of the Passionist Congregation.
    Ad Multos Annos!
    Fr. Jerome McKenna, C.P.
    St. Paul of the Cross Catholic Church
    Atlanta, Georgia

7. Sr. Margaret McAnoy, ihm on May 19th, 2015 9:45 am

Dear Sister Celestine, Happy Jubilee!!! Larry, your nephew, is a good friend of mine and he told me of your jubilee. My sister has been in the Monroe IHM’s for 72 years and I, the younger of you both, have been in the IHM’s for 63. It’s a wonderful life God called us to, isn’t it? I’m happy to know Larry and now consider you a friend also. May you always be blessed with peace and joy. Sr. Margaret McAnoy, ihm

8. Cid Chavez on May 19th, 2015 9:06 am

Sister Celestine,

I feel honored to be a part of the Ruder family and the legacy you have given to so many. Think of all the children lives you touched in your many years as an educator!

God Bless you on your 80th Jubilee
    Cid Chavez

9. Eric Haiduk on April 7th, 2015 6:41 pm

Holy smoke! 80 years of religious life! and as a housekeeper no less ~ those indispensable, hidden souls. Please dear Sister pray for me.

Feel free to leave a comment...