The artisans at Neighbor to Neighbor create with all kinds of materials — acrylics and oils, embroidery floss and ribbon, and (of course) sugar, flour, eggs, butter and chocolate.
And all that art will be for sale at the seventh annual Holiday Boutique & Bake Sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 20, at the downtown center, 103 E. Sixth St., Concordia.
Items featured in the boutique include, handcrafted holiday décor, artwork, knit scarves and hats, crocheted items, tea towels, quilted items and earth-friendly shopping bags. The always-popular bake sale will feature cookies, candies and breads. All the items are made by the women who come to the center, along with friends and supporters of the Sisters of St. Joseph who operate Neighbor to Neighbor.
There will be a raffle drawing for the following prizes:
- A hand-crafted, cross-stitched and quilted family tree wall hanging by Sister Janet LeDuc
- A chocolate basket
- A coffee basket
- A $50 gift card to El Puerto
- A $50 gift card to Rod’s
- A $35 gift card to Walmart
There also will be a silent auction that morning. Items include:
- A custom-crocheted, four-piece dinosaur collection and dino park set by Sister Susan Stoeber
- An original painting by our own Sister Ramona Medina
- A custom crocheted bear in an antique cart by Sister Susan Stoeber
- A toy-packed wagon
- A beautiful hand-crafted wood toy truck made by Ray Hernandez.
Tickets for the drawings are available at Neighbor to Neighbor, 103 E. Sixth, and the Nazareth Motherhouse, 1300 Washington Street. Tickets cost $1 each, or six tickets for $5. The drawing will be at 12:30 p.m. Nov. 20 and will be shown on Facebook Live on the Neighbor to Neighbor Facebook page. You need not be present to win. The silent auction winners will be announced at the same time.
For questions, or tickets, call Neighbor to Neighbor at 785-262-4215 or email email@example.com.
Proceeds from the annual Holiday Boutique go to support the women and ministries of Neighbor to Neighbor.